Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GB: Fujimi Porker 356

4 posters

Go down

GB: Fujimi Porker 356 Empty GB: Fujimi Porker 356

Post by Grumpy Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:13 pm

GB: Fujimi Porker 356 Dsc_0179Herewith my initial picture. Virgin kit, except some joker sprayed the body KTM Orange and stole the hubcaps! Step 1: Straight to the paint stripper!!! Note to self: Gotta get this one done by the deadline!!!
Grumpy
Grumpy
LEARNER DRIVER
LEARNER DRIVER

http://grumpygarage.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

GB: Fujimi Porker 356 Empty Re: GB: Fujimi Porker 356

Post by STEVE Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:35 pm

Welcome Welcome Sir Peter Very Happy
Whats wrong with Orange?

Good to have you along sir
STEVE
STEVE
Admin

https://onetwentyfour.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vipercore Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:18 am

I am with Grumpy the orange sucks.
vipercore
vipercore
Primi Dieci

Back to top Go down

GB: Fujimi Porker 356 Empty PORKER 356 - UPDATE 1

Post by Grumpy Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:13 pm

What do you know? Grumpy has actually done some modelling!

The first task on the list was to kill all that orange! I had decided against paint stripper, as the paint surface was nice and smooth. So I just sanded with 360 wet-n-dry. An additional benefit was that this highlighted all the mould lines that the previous owner had not eliminated, so this was taken care of.

The second task was to dechrome the body. The chrome moulding that runs at door-handle level was sanded off and the indicator/air-intakes just below the headlights were filled in with sprue and putty. As the Porker will be running without bumpers, the front and rear bumper location holes were also plugged with sprue. The body has now been primed and sanded and the next big question is "What colour should it be sprayed?". Any suggestions??

GB: Fujimi Porker 356 Update-01
Grumpy
Grumpy
LEARNER DRIVER
LEARNER DRIVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:26 am

Mmmmmmm.........classic silver Question
Snowy
Snowy
SPANNER JOCKEY
SPANNER JOCKEY

Back to top Go down

GB: Fujimi Porker 356 Empty ]Update – 1 February

Post by Grumpy Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:13 pm

The Wheels: After grocking about fifty sets of wheels, I found some that I liked - flashy but not overly bling, narrow enough to suit the car and just the right diameter. They are the optional wheels from an old Monogram ’56 Chevy. However, when I test fitted them under the wheel arches, the bodywork covered a little too much of the rear wheels for my liking. So out with the Dremel and the rear wheel arches were raised by 3 scale inches... much better!

GB: Fujimi Porker 356 Arch2

Now the Colour: I had wanted to spray the Porker with Tamiya Light Gunmetal aerosol with a Tamiya Dull Red interior, one of my favourite colour schemes. While I was still shaking my aerosols, my pal arrived and announced, “How do you like my OneTwentyFour Group Build model? I sprayed it Tamiya Light Gunmetal aerosol with a Dull Red interior”.

Clearly a change of plan was needed. I wanted a darkish metallic to set off the chrome wheels. My options were:
Mica Blue – too American!
Candy Apple Red – too Hot Rod!
Dark Green – too British!
Classic Silver – too predictable (Sorry Snowy - see above!)
Black – too Adams Family

Eventually I decided on a turquoise gunmetal colour, mixed with Tamiya Light Gunmetal, Mica Blue and Dark Metallic Green in a 10:4:1 ratio respectively. The body has been sprayed, clearcoated with Tamiya TS13 Clear and is ready for the final polish.

GB: Fujimi Porker 356 Paint2

The Rest: I didn’t want to build this as a slammer, but as a full detail kit. Normally I can build an interior, chassis and motor bone stock in a Saturday afternoon. Oh no – not with a Fujimi Enthusiast kit! Two hours after starting, I had only completed two stages, with another twenty to go! This is going to need some serious work to get done in time. Until next time, I’ve got some work to do!

Last edited by Grumpy on Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:33 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Resize Pics)
Grumpy
Grumpy
LEARNER DRIVER
LEARNER DRIVER

Back to top Go down

Post by STEVE Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:14 pm

Looking very nice Peter.

Maybe you should tell that friend of yours that the rest of us would like to see his onetwentyfour group build model...
Mentioning no names of course
Gerhard... Smile
STEVE
STEVE
Admin

https://onetwentyfour.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:09 pm

No harm, no foul!!

The silver "bucket" Porsche is timeless, but I do approve of your colour scheme! cyclops

Classy! Very Happy
Snowy
Snowy
SPANNER JOCKEY
SPANNER JOCKEY

Back to top Go down

Post by Grumpy Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:02 pm

TUESDAY, 22 September 2015:

Can you believe it? Grumpy has set a new record, missing a deadline by seven months!

No, No! That’s not what I meant! What I should have said was, “Grumpy has set a new record, missing a deadline by ONLY seven months!”

Anyway, Projekt Porker 356 is finally finished, built as a lightweight canyon carver.

As the build progressed, I discovered that all the chrome parts and half the clear parts were missing. My good friend, Bruce Sapsford sent me a Tamiya VW Beetle chrome sprue, so that was the headlight buckets sorted. The Beetle fender-top indicators also serve as taillights. Door handles came from the parts box and all the interior door hardware was scratch-built.

The vent on the engine cover is backed with stainless steel mesh and the tailpipes are aluminium tubes.

The interior is mainly Tamiya TS-6 Matt Black, while the seats were sprayed with AS-19 Intermediate Blue. The tonneau cover was sprayed with Tamiya TS-82 Rubber Black and, instead of highlighting the snaps with silver, they were replaced with pin-heads.

Finally, the wheels were installed, giving the 356 a gentle lowering (not too much, though). The rears also have a negative camber that would typically result from a gentle lowering.

I’m quite chuffed with the result - and proud of myself that it has a fully built engine and chassis!

Now, what’s next???

GB: Fujimi Porker 356 Img_20150922_195748xxxx

GB: Fujimi Porker 356 Img_20150922_195559

GB: Fujimi Porker 356 Img_20150922_195544

GB: Fujimi Porker 356 Img_20150922_195832

GB: Fujimi Porker 356 Img_20150922_195818

GB: Fujimi Porker 356 Img_20150922_195748

GB: Fujimi Porker 356 Img_20150922_19574cc8
Grumpy
Grumpy
LEARNER DRIVER
LEARNER DRIVER